What to Bring
Best to pack efficiently as all boats have storage restrictions. Prepare your stuff then bring half! The living is simple and you will find that you will wear the same thing every day. Here are a few things to consider.
What To Bring
- Passport: Must have more than 6 months until expiry.
- Sunscreen: Zinc oxide & titanium dioxide are mineral based sunscreens.
- Health and travel Insurance
- Mosquito repellent – we have found that the locally sourced repellent works great and isn’t as toxic as commercial brands.
- Head lamp
- Bikinis / swim trunks
- Onshore & offshore shoes – barefoot or non-marking shoes on the boat.
- Rain jacket—hooded, lightweight, breathable
- Rash guard or swim shirt
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Sunglasses (polarized are best)
- Gloves for sailing – gardening gloves work fine
- Micro-fiber sports towel
- Seasickness medication and all personal medication
- Alcohol: Bring your own alcohol or we can provide upon request. Daily sunset rum cocktail provided! We discourage drinking alcoholic beverages while under sail for your safety and comfort.
- Money: Local currency is easily available via ATMs. U.S. generally accepted. You will receive your change in local currency.
What Not To Bring
- No suitcases as they cannot be stowed once on board – pack your gear in a back pack or soft sided bag, duffel bag (avoid wheels). Duffle bags can be folded away – as for a suitcase – you’ll be sleeping with it.
- Please no spray sunscreens on the boat – welcome to use them onshore. Rash guards (aka: surf shirts, swim shirts) are an excellent way to stay sun safe.
- Sunscreen: Zinc oxide, titanium dioxide are mineral based sunscreens. NO Oxybenzene or Avobenzene – My Mistress is an eco-friendly boat and these products cause great harm the critters in the ocean and you. You may have to purchase them in a health food store.
- Toiletries: We insist on using biodegradable soaps and shampoos. Refer to www.ewg.org for product evaluations.